“The Unrebutted Evidence of the Town Councillors
For the Plaintiffs to succeed, they need to prove that the appointments of FMSS and the other third party contractors and the respective payments made to them were improper. They have not done so. The following key evidence of the Town Councillors remains unrebutted:
With respect to the Appointment and Payment of FMSS
(1) The incumbent MA, CPG requested to be released after WP was elected to Aljunied GRC.
(2) In appointing and paying FMSS, Ms Sylvia Lim was acting pursuant to the authority delegated to her by the TC to facilitate the handover during the interim period.
(3) When a tender was called in 2012 for the 2nd MA Contract and 2nd EMSU Contract, there were no bidders other than FMSS.
(4) The provider of the Town Council Management System (“TCMS”), Action Information Management Pte Ltd (“AIM”) terminated the provision of TCMS in June 2011.
(5) The incumbent EMSU contractors, CPG and EM Services did not wish to extend their provision of EMSU services after 30 September 2011.
With respect to the Appointment and Payment of FMSS and Third Party Contractors
(6) FMSS, FMSI and the other third party contractors did carry out the services which they were contracted for.
(7) FMSS, FMSI and the other third party contractors were paid in accordance with their respective contracts at rates charged by the previous contractors and/or were considered reasonable by the Town Councillors.
(8) The appointments and payments were in accordance with the processes of the TC.”
Download the full text of the reply submission here: D1-D5’s Reply Closing Submissions_Redacted
(image credit: Dhany Osman / Yahoo News Singapore, https://sg.news.yahoo.com/pritam-singh-elected-new-workers-party-chief-072133647.html)